The Minnesota Boat Club is offering 2 one day Learn To Row (LTR) classes for high school students (13 - 18 year old).
Each class is three hours long and the class fee is $70. Enrollment is limited to 12 students per class. The classes are held at the Minnesota Boat Club on Raspberry Island in downtown St. Paul. Listed below are the class date and time.
· HS LTR Session B – Saturday, June 1, 2019, 11 AM – 2 PM
· HS LTR Session C – Saturday, August 31, 2019, 11 AM – 2 PM
Students graduating from these HS LTR sessions may participate up to three practices with the MBC Junior team before they need to decide to join the MBC junior rowing program and pay the junior membership dues.
The junior program runs year-round with six practice times a week, Monday through Saturday, that follows the academic calendar.
· Fall-Winter-Spring runs from Labor Day to June, when the rowers are in school. These practices take place from 3:30-5:00 pm.
· Summer season starts when rowers are out of school and runs until school starts (late August). Summer practices run from 7:00-9:00 am each morning.
At least one coach will always be present when the Juniors are training on the water or on land.
A few helpful things to note:
· Students must be able to swim and/or tread water for 15 minutes.
· After you register for a class someone will contact you via email, usually within a few business days, to confirm your spot.
· Wear old tennis shoes (No sandals or flip-flops) and fitted shorts.
· Bring a water bottle.
· Classes will be held rain or shine.
There is a non-refundable, $10 deposit included in your registration. You can receive the remainder of your class fee ($60) back if you cancel your enrollment more than two weeks prior to your session. You will receive a 50% refund ($35) if you cancel 8 to 14 days before the start of your session. No refund will be given if you cancel during the week before your session.
Please direct your questions to the MBC Junior Head Coach Miriam Baer about the learn to row class, junior rowing, practice schedules, training, regattas and membership dues.